At long last, the much awaited Growth Hacking Mentorship program started on 27th March 2021 at 9pm IST.
About 400 crazy people from all over the country had signed up for the program. Everyone had gone through a year of COVID and were people ready to take the next step-up in their Digital Marketing Game.
What better place than to associate with Vaibhav Sisinty, Growth Hacker Extraordinaire.
However, some of you visiting this blog for the First time, may be wondering 🤔
👉🏻 What the 🦆 is Growth Hacking ❓
So let me volunteer and tell you about Growth Hacking before you open a new tab and Google away
What the 🦆 is Growth Hacking ❓
According to Brian Balfour,
Focus on Process first, Tactics SecondBrian Balfour, Founder/CEO – Reforge
At first glance, this may sound counter-intuitive.
We need to accept that a Process comes out from the combination of specialized elements called tactics.
The Power of a Proven Process
- I was an unconscious processor all this time.
- I was emphasizing getting systems in place without having a Framework for structure behind them.
- This give me frequent troubles during the execution when I ran out of creative ideas and the logical turns to take.
- Moreover, I battled against internal beliefs, fears and frustrations that prevent me from bringing out my superpower.
- A golden opportunity presented itself when I was invited by Bryan@GrowthTools to apply for a sales development associate position.
- Super excited because the company had launched a low entry SaaS product recently.
- They helped to starting entrepreneurs and businesses deliver quick value to their audience. While at the same time measuring key metrics that are essential for the growth of the company.
- One of the aspects of the growth tools application and selection process was having a predictable success quiz which everyone needs to take.
- At that time, I was blissfully unaware of my leadership style.
- The predictable success quiz gives me clear clarity on my personality and leadership style. I was able to identify myself as a processor at 35% and a synergist at 25%.
- This took my attention to a previously unknown side of my life and knowledge acquisition.
- I need to have a clear framework and execution-style in place to get things done.
- This was so efficiently generated, demonstrated when I had the opportunity to conduct today social media workshop for my college.
- I meticulously went about creating the classroom curriculum and assignments schedule on autopilot.
- Without putting much thought, my muscles were already taking action in perfect synergy with my brain.
- This validated my belief that the process is the most crucial aspect of a growth hack than the tactics involved.
But Hemant, I have XX years of experience. will growth hacking work for me ❓
- You can leverage the XX years of experience for predictably implementing your victories, triumphs and success on a platform.
- Once you have documented those outstanding achievements, you can go about experimenting with all the available tools to find out the most scalable and efficient way to execute your growth hack.
- If you are wondering why you have no victories to share, you probably are just like me.
- As experts, we often tend to overlook simple aspects of our everyday life, which have become reflex actions for us.
- I call this the Expert’s Curse
- Our knowledge is something any other individual would not be able to do without years of study or having invested in acquiring that skill.
- Being in possession off a skill is in itself a growth hack, and it is your moral responsibility to create a process around it, so that execution of the hack becomes second nature for any individual. Who wishes to implement the same.
I am a beginner Hemant. I don’t have any experience. ❓
- That’s Awesome 🥳🎉
- You are in the best position of your life to learn Growth Hacking.
- Being a Growth Hacker intern because you can digest the concepts of making processes on a clean slate.
- Without :-
- Any Judgements
- Self – Doubts
- Internal fears.
- A beginner is the best place to be whenever learning a process.
- Go back to the day when you learned Alphabets , Grammar and Sentences at school. Did you know how to read the textbook then ❓
Digital Deepak Internship – A Self Case Study
- While going through the digital Deepak internship program, I went in with a clean slate and Zero marketing knowledge.
- I had no expectations of success and was entirely in the learning mindset.
- Whatever the assignments that came to me, I did wholly and zealously.
- Even if I missed the submission date, the job was always done.
- By implementing the weekly sessions, I became a level 1 Amateur from a level 0 Beginner.
- I observed from my classmate who came with digital marketing experience and preconceived notions of concepts and tools, they started putting their mouth in front of the brain and questioning the mentor’s wisdom, knowledge & calibre.
- The reality of the situation is that despite these digital marketing experts having sound knowledge of the digital marketing ecosystem, they cannot implement the same lessons and tactics for their own business/clients as they are too busy imposing their judgement and moral code over the mentor.
I have had many students ask me similar questions or a customized version of the same.
- “Hemanth, I need to learn Digital Marketing” ;
- “I need to know how Google Works”
- “I have to understand Search Engine Optimization ( SEO )
These questions all address the same problem area. Tactics.
So, let us now read about what Tactics actually mean.
What are Tactics ❓ And Why 🤷🏻♀️ Should I care ❔
- Yes, you all been waiting for the section to come up.
- I am even sure that some of you readers would have scrolled all the way down just to see the tactics heading.
- If you are in this category, please click this button 👇🏻 and start reading from the process section for the complete picture.
- Now that you have finished going through the process section, you are ready to understand the role of processes in the growth hacking framework.
- Tactics are a means to an end.
Give me the Tactics 📃 Hemant.
Here we go, take the tactics.
Ok, Hemant, it’s just a blank page. Nothing is here man.
💡 Exactly my point. There is nothing over there like my point in the section above, “tactics are just another means to an end”.
Let me demonstrate with a Screenshot from Vaibhav’s Presentation
The 🎂 Life-Cycle ☠ of a Tactic
Every Tactic in existence goes through a Life-cycle which is Predictable.
Once the process is created for every step, multiple tactics must be tried out, and the results are measured to achieve scalability and duplicity over a long period of time.
Otherwise, it is just a good old Indian fashioned jugaad.
Like growth hackers, we are not in the game of building jugaad for carrying out task and Systems with predictable success.
Ultimately when you anchor the entire system on a jugaad, the whole ecosystem becomes inefficient.
Some Popular Growth Hacking Topics
We learned plenty about the significant concepts of Growth Hacking inside the session.
A few concepts are listed down below. Feel Free to click on the links and scroll to the appropriate section.
I will add more concepts into this section as I learn and develop my own insights from having done one version of the same in my business
📈 Growth Funnel ⚱️
- It’s a process designed to increase the growth of a brand / Business.
- Here we examine a model of a Growth Funnel which I have personally deployed for my Business.
- I call it the A4R4 Funnel.
- Any tactic designed to increase the awareness of a brand / Business.
- Advertising, PR, Media Articles, Social Media are all tactics used to Raise Brand Awareness.
- Awareness is the First step inside any Growth Funnel.
- People are getting to know about you.
- It’s a tactic crafted specially to get an Aware Audience to engage and interact with the brand / Business.
- Entered contact details to get into a closer relationship
- This could mean any content piece/event which interests the audience to take action.
- It is a tactic Deployed to nurture and develop the registrants to show up for the event/session.
- Getting people to show-up is an Activation tactic.
- Is a tactical ploy utilised to surprise and amaze the audience who showed up Live?
- A feeling of wonder and astonishment can help brands/businesses establish a wow factor that trickles down into the Lower metrics as well.
- It’s a tactic uniquely setup to retain acquired audiences into coming back again and again to your brand/business.
- How many times they experience the same product again and again
- It’s a tactic uniquely set up to encourage retained audiences into investing/subscribing to your brand/business.
- Exchange of money for the perceived value that they saw in your offer.
- Your core strategy amazes the brand/business buyers as they start experiencing a new world inside.
- Inside your brand/business ecosystem, buyers may choose to upgrade to a new level or recommend your products to their friends, depending on the experience.
- It’s a tactic uniquely setup to get buyer audiences into recommending your brand/business to other people within their cycle
- The eventual ascension of a customer into a brand advocate After having a great experience inside your brand/business ecosystem
We learned plenty about the significant concepts of Growth Hacking during the session. Vaibhav underpromised in his messaging and over-delivered during the session.
It is a great privilege to be part of Batch 1 and relish a Cohort-Based learning experience under GrowthSchool.io.
Subscribe to Notifications 🔔 for this Site to get instantly notified when I add a new blog every week
Cheers Growth Hackers.